Colgate-Palmolive, North Africa Middle East & Turkey (NAMET)
Bachelor of Science: Science
Faculty Of Science – Alexandria University (2003)
Majored in Chemistry/Biochemistry
- Worked in Egyptian MOH (2004-2005)
- Worked as a medical representative in Advocure pharmaceutical company (2005-2006)
- Worked as a quality control officer in PHARO pharmaceutical co./Alexandria/Egypt (2006-2008)
- Worked as a quality control officer in Julphar pharmaceutical company/RAK/UAE (2008-2015)
- Worked as a Regulatory Affairs coordinator in COLGATE-PALMOLIVE co./Dubai (2015-2020)
- Currently working as a Regulatory Affairs Manager in COLGATE-PALMOLIVE co./Dubai (2020-Present)
Dr. Ahmed Hegazy is a Physician by education and holds a Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Medicine
(First Class Honor), Mini MBA, Medical Quality Management Diploma and Hospital Management Diploma.
- He holds certificates on programs or courses from:
- The George Washington University, USA
- Columbia University, USA
- Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Hibernia College, Ireland
- Uppsala Monitoring Center, WHO
- He attended many trainings in leadership, strategic thinking, decision-making, brand planning, building efficient teams, high performance, accountability, communication skills, and persuasion and selling skills.
- Moreover, He attended courses in Outcome Research and Health Economics, Drug discovery and development, Medical Ethics, Biostatistics, Research Methodology, Regulatory Affairs, Medical Affairs, and Pharmacovigilance.
- Dr. Ahmed had been trained on ISO 9001-2015 Quality Lead Auditor Certification and Lean and Six Sigma Greenbelt Holder.
Dr. Ahmed received various awards and recognitions in innovation (Upjohn Award), achievements and others.
- He has scientific publications in international journals.
- Advisory Board, Committee member or member to International Scientific Journals, Associations and Conferences.
- He is a member of Emirates Medical Association
- He is a member of Emirates Health Economics Society
- He is a member of the ISoP society and was a committee member of the ISoP Middle East Chapter.
- He was invited as a speaker for hundreds of local, regional, international events and on TV as well as various online programs.
- He attended numerous (~100s) conferences and events.
He owns more than 25 years of wealthy experience in Pharmaceutical Industry in different regions and
functions (sales, training, medical, marketing and PV).
- He is an Expert in the Medical Affairs as he worked for 11 years in various positions in the Medical Affairs (Sr. Manager, Regional Manager and Head) in which he got experience in all MA roles, clinical research, governance, compliance, quality. He possesses strong medical knowledge in various therapeutic areas and many products’ portfolios. Currently, he conducts medical development programs.
- He was holding a position of Head of Global Patient Safety for Africa, Middle East, Turkey, Russia & CIS countries (82 countries) for 7 years in Merck in which he was managing more than 16 subordinates based in 8 different countries.
Currently he is a:
- Consultant for Medical Affairs, and Pharmacovigilance for Global, Regional and Local companies.
- Senior Auditor for an international EU-based firm.
- Speaker, Lecturer and Trainer for some colleges, companies, and health authorities.
Dr.Rana El-Habbak is a regulatory affairs supervisor working in SuLinda Sole Trader Company with over 6 years of regulatory affairs experience, her responsibilities include writing clear product labels and patient information leaflets, ensuring compliance with regulations, obtaining and maintaining products approvals for cosmetics, medical devices, food supplements and drug products and carrying out any subsequent negotiations necessary to obtain or maintain marketing authorization.
Prior to joining SuLinda Dr.Rana was working as a Clinical Research Associate in the Children’s Cancer Hospital Egypt 57357.
She has earned her bachelor’s degree in pharmacy and biotechnology from the German University in Cairo.
Syed Zaferuddin is a Pharmacovigilance & Medical Device vigilance professional working as Global Vigilance Manager & QPPV at Julphar UAE. Skilled in Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Pharmacovigilance, Medical Device vigilance, Drafting Agreements, management of ICSR, aggregate reports, Pharmacovigilance intelligence, PV QMS and PV LMS. A strong legal professional with a Master’s Degree focused on Pharmacology and managing director for an NGO follow-up reporter. This NGO aims to increase the ICSR reporting culture in the Middle East.